DAY 1 : ARRIVAL IN ACCRA
Upon arrival at Kotoka International Airport, proceed through immigrations, claim luggage and clear Custom procedures, exit and meet our expert Cultural Tour guide.
After a brief introduction and orientation, you will have a panoramic sightseeing experience of Accra.
We visit Jamestown Community-One of Accra’s most historic neighborhoods where history resides on every corner. Best known for its lighthouses (the first of which was constructed in 1875 by the British) as a navigational aid for trading vessels sailing through the Gulf of Guinea. The original structure was ruined but a larger and more improved lighthouse completed in 1921 is still functioning today.
Experience the hustle and bustle at the Fish Market at the seashore as fishermen dock their boats and fishmongers sell their catch
Afterward, you continue to the hotel; after check-in, your guide, who will be with you throughout your stay, will brief you on what to expect during your stay in Ghana.
Our day ends at the Brazil where we learn about the seven Afro-Brazilian families who returned to settle in Ghana in 1836. Familiar Brazilian/Portuguese last names such as De Souza, Palmares, Azumah Amorin, Da Costa, Santos, De Medeiros and Olympio are abundant in this section of Accra.
DAY 2 : ACCRA-CAPE COAST-ELMINA
Get ready for yet another adventure on the Coastlands of Ghana. We will drive pass the Independence Square where you will see the enclosed flame of African Liberation, which was lit by Dr. Kwame Nkrumah in 1961.
We visit the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park, the final resting place of Ghana’s first president. Set in attractive gardens, there is an adjoining museum, which contains photos, artifacts and an insight into Dr. Nkrumah’s life.
Arrive Cape Coast in time for lunch; in the afternoon, visit Cape Coast Castle a UNESCO World Heritage site, and was one of the departure points for Africans being sent to slavery in the Americas. The Castle is home to the “Door of No Return”.
Transfer to your beach resort; enjoy a dip in the icy pool that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean or just take a leisurely walk through Elmina township which always offers photographic opportunities.
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast
The Independence/Black Square
The Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park
Cape Coast Castle
DAY 3: ELMINA-KAKUM NATIONAL PARK- ACCRA DEPART
After breakfast, visit Kakum National Park. Kakum is one of Ghana’s most famous parks. Take a brief walking tour on the forest floor; see birds, butterflies and perhaps catch a glimpse of the forests over 40 species of mammals including monkeys and the reclusive forest elephant. Proceed to the canopy walk. Kakum is home to Africa’s only aerial walkway through the tree canopy, a 1000-foot-long and seven-bridge walkway with viewing platforms that reach heights of over 150 feet above ground.
You may visit Global Mama’s where you will have a workshop. The Global Mama’s seeks to create wealth for African women and their families. Here, you can design and make a beautiful Tye-Dye cloth as a takeaway souvenir.
Early evening, we return to Accra where the rest of the evening is at leisure or you are transferred to the airport for your onward flight.
Meal(s) Included: Breakfast
Kakum National Park
- Cancellation made 45 days or more prior to the start of the tour will be charged a cancellation fee of 15% of tour cost with a minimum payment of $400 per traveler.
- Cancellations made 44 to 30 days to the start of the tour will be charged as a cancellation fee of 20% of tour cost with a minimum payment of $475 per traveler.
- Cancellations made 29 to 17 days prior to the tour start date will be charged a cancellation fee of 25% of tour cost with a minimum payment of $700 per traveler.
-Cancellations made 16 days or less prior to the tour start date will be charged cancellation fee of 100% of tour cost, No refund.
- We reserve the right to impose additional penalties as imposed by hotels and other suppliers for peak periods such as but not limited to, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year and such other periods which are high season for a particular destination or property.
Claims & Refund Policy
- Except for verifiable documented extenuating circumstances, there are no refunds whatsoever, for any unused tour services, including, but not limited to, accommodations, meals, internal flights or sightseeing.
As our prices are based on contract rates, if the traveler cancels while the trip is in progress, there will not be any refund for the unused portion.
• Meeting and assistance upon arrival and departure
• Roundtrip airport/hotel transfers
• 2 nights hotel accommodation in the indicated properties
• Transportation in private vehicle
• Experienced tour guide
• Admission to listed sites
• Meals indicated (breakfast daily)
• Assistance with visa application
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Flight to/from Ghana
• Cost of visa
• Meals not listed
• Travel Insurance
• Gratuity to driver and guide
• Personal items such as laundry, internet and telephone
Pick at your hotel